Rossmoor Community Services District
Policy No. 5020
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
5020.20 Public Requests: Any member of the public may request that a matter directly related to District business be placed on the Agenda of a regularly scheduled meeting of the Board, subject to the following conditions:
5020.21 Request in Writing: The request must be in writing and be submitted to the General Manager together with supporting documents and information no later than two weeks prior to the meeting.
5020.22 District Jurisdiction: The General Manager shall be the sole judge of whether the public request is a matter related to the District’s jurisdiction or business. No matter which is legally a proper subject for consideration by Board in closed session will be accepted under this policy.
5020.23 Appeal of Rejection: All decisions of the General Manager not to include an item on the Agenda may be appealed to the Board, at a Regular or Special Meeting of the Board.
5020.24 Time Limitations: The Board may place limitations on the total time to be devoted to a public request issue at any meeting and may limit the time allowed for any one person to speak on the issue at the meeting.
5020.30 Agenda Format: The Board shall use a standardized and consistent Agenda format for all Regular Meetings. The Regular Meeting Agenda shall contain the following items and order of business:
- A. ORGANIZATION 1. Call to Order 2. Roll Call 3. Pledge of Allegiance 4. Presentations 5. Board Elections (As required pursuant to Policy 5010.50.)
- B. ADDITIONS TO AGENDA
- C. PUBLIC COMMENT (five minute limit per individual)
- D. REPORTS TO THE BOARD (Board Committees, Board Appointed Citizen Committees)
- E. CONSENT CALENDAR (All items approved in a single motion unless otherwise requested by a Director or a member of the public.)
- 1. Minutes
- 2. Routine Matters (Project Schedule, Revenue & Expense Report, Quarterly Tree Report, etc)
- F. PUBLIC HEARINGS
- G. RESOLUTIONS
- H. REGULAR CALENDAR
- I. GENERAL MANAGER ITEMS
- J. BOARD MEMBER ITEMS
- K. CLOSED SESSION
- L. ADJOURNMENT
5020.40 Staff Reports: All Items placed on the Agenda by the General Manager will be accompanied by a staff report. The staff report is intended to identify and summarize the issue. The staff report will offer recommendations for Board action, as appropriate.